Connect Superblocks to Jira to build internal tools that read from and write to your Jira instance.
Setting up Jira
1. Get username and password
The Jira API doesn't support OAuth2.0 so you'll have to use their Basic Authentication method to connect from Superblocks.
2. Create REST API integration
Select REST API from the in-app Integrations page and fill out the form with the following configuration:
- Display Name - Name that will be displayed to users when selecting this integration in Superblocks
- Base URL - Jira URI
- Authentication - Authentication method used (choose Basic and configure your Jira username/password)
- Headers - Any additional headers to send
- Params - Any additional parameters to send
3. Set environments
After creating the integration, you can optionally set different settings for your Production and Staging environments.
Creating Jira steps
Connect to your Jira integration from Superblocks by creating steps in Application APIs, Workflows and Scheduled Jobs. Examples of using the Jira API to create and search for issues, mangage projects, and assigning tickets can be found here.