What is an Application?
A Superblocks Application is an internal tool with a user interface that end-users like Support, Sales, Operations will use. Superblocks Applications are comprised of:
- A User Interface - this is constructed via Components like Tables, Forms, Charts, or Grids
- APIs - this is constructed by querying Databases, Cloud Data Warehouses, Internal APIs, 3rd Party APIs, Spreadsheets, and Cloud Storage (see Integrations)
Check out our application how to guides
You can drag and drop components from the left side of the screen onto the canvas and configure properties in the right pane. Learn more
Use the Explorer to quickly navigate your Applications. You can use the Explorer to:
- Look up existing backend APIs and create new ones
- Go to frontend Components
- Add a new Integration
- Search the Docs
To open the Explorer, you can either click on the Explorer button in the left-hand sidebar or use the
Command+E (⌘ E) shortcut on Mac or the
CTRL+E shortcut on Windows.
You can add steps to query across any datastore and merge data (Database, Cloud Data Warehouse, Internal & 3rd Party API, Spreadsheets, Cloud Storage).
Within any API Step, you can also reference:
- Previous steps with the step name like
- UI components like
- Python libraries like Pandas, NumPy
Deploying an Application
Applications support version control allowing new versions of applications, workflows, and scheduled jobs to be deployed, while automatically maintaining previous versions. This allows for easy rollback to any previously deployed version.
Similarly, use environment profiles to be able to build and test using staging data, then deploy to the production environment when it's ready to go live.